"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, January 29, 2010

Change in Plans

Well, my 'To Be Continued' from yesterday changed a tad from what I was expecting.

Meet 'Penelope' :)

I was minding my own business at work. It was about 3:30pm and I hear one of my co-workers calling "Allison.....Allison [meow meow meow] ALLISON [meow meow]".

I thought the meow's were coming from the tv in the lobby and I couldn't understand what my co-workers fuss was all about. I walked out into the hallway and there was Penelope having a royal fit. This poor girl was FREEZING, wet, totally underweight, nasty goop in her eyes and crying up a storm. I quickly got her into my office and shut the door. (We had a visitor from corporate and I was instructed earlier in the week by my boss to be sure my litter boxes and feed dishes were put away before their arrival!)

I gave her some food and she was so hungry she was crying while she scarfed it down. She was making such a fuss that I knew she wouldn't last another hour before the work day ended. I called Kitten Krazy and off we went! She cried the WHOLE WAY THERE.

I am happy to say, this little girl was very lucky hiding in our bushes at work! She is now resting comfortably after being de-flea'ed, nails clipped, tested for all the kitty dieases [which were negative], wormed, given some IV fluids (poor thing was so dehydrated) and feed till her belly was full. She literally scarfed down a WHOLE can of wet food while we did all this. She also got medicine for her cold and 'good goop' on her eyes to treat the 'bad goo!' She weighed in at 3 lb, 3 oz. and she should probably be atleast 4 lbs. You could feel all her ribs and her spine and butt bones :(

I swear Wendy is going to stop answering her phone when she sees my number come up! But she is in good hands now! As one of my co-workers put it, we seem to be [here at work] the secret 'Underground Railroad' for stray cats and kittens! As for the cat my hubs called me about yesterday that was on his job site, it took off and he was not able to get it. They did buy some food at the corner store and leave it out for it though, so maybe it will be there today.

In other news, check out my fellow Cleveland Estian, Lazy T Crochet. She is running a weekend special in honor of her 3 year Etsy Anniversary and she makes WONDERFUL things!

TGIF!

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Oh, I'm so glad her story is having a happy ending! She is cute! Do you think someone dropped her off? She is obviously friendly, not wild and feral. It just makes me so mad, when people abandon their pets to fend on their own!! Grr!!

Unknown said...

Pony Girl - someone probably dumped her :( Why they chose my place of employment, on a main road, is beyond me :(