- 2 tbsp butter and some olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic (give or take depending on clove size)
- 2 jalapenos (or whichever hot peppers you have on hand is fine)
- 1# ground chuck
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (2 if you want more kick!)
- 6 oz beer (half bottle or can)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cans of beans - your choice! It's chili, have fun with it :)
Melt your butter and olive oil and saute your onions are garlic in them. Then add in your ground chuck - brown it.
Then add in all your spices and cook for 1 minute. Now add in your beer and let it deglaze the bottom of your pot. Make sure to scrape the bottom of your pot after you add in the beer to get all that goodness off and into your chili! Cook 2 mins med/high.
Now add in your tomato sauce & paste, your hot sauce & chix stock and your beans. (We do pinto and kidney beans over here in chili). Stir and let simmer until you are ready to enjoy. Serve with some nice, hot rolls/buns/bread or whatever you like to butter and dig in!