"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Working Hard...

These pictures are from 2 weekends ago.....before our last big snow storm. I was house bound doing laundry since I can't help much anymore with farm chores .... and don't be fooled - I hate it! I would MUCH rather be outside helping with farm chores than in the house doing laundry!

So, while I waited for clothes to dry, I snapped some pics from the window of hubby working!

My originial intention on posting this was to add some of my sarcastic humor :)


It looks like hubby is working hard......

But don't be fooled - the man takes his breaks ;)

But in all honestly, I have decided to take this opportunity, even though he'll never see this (he isn't a computer person) to recognize how much he DOES do! The week after these pics were taken, we had a HUGE snowstorm...then yesterday, just a few days later, the weather warmed up, all the snow melted, we had a full night of thunderstorms and woke up this morning to flooded horse barns - UGH. The poor horses were standing in probably a foot of water :/

So, hubby has taken the day off of work to stay home and get the barns cleaned out. We moved the horses to a neighbors barn this morning before I left for work. (Thank goodness for him and his empty stalls....and not minding us knocking on his door at 7am!) Since it is raining and cold, they can't be out in the pastures; they'll catch colds :) Rain & warm weather is ok -- rain and cold weather is a no-no....especially for my Gypsy girl since she is older.

So today, hubby will be draining water, stripping stalls (which mind you were all just filled with fresh shavings hence the pics above :/ ) and expecting a delievery of 8 tons of limestone which will them be shoveled into the barns and stalls to raise their flooring. I have no clue if he'll be doing some drainage things today too or not. I think it is way to wet to be moving the tractor around more than need be, but we'll see what he's done when I get home. And thank goodness for those who offered to help him out; I know he appreciates it. I hate not being able to help.

Although, at this point, as long as I don't go into labor before he finishes this project, I think he'll consider that help enough ;)

No comments: