"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, September 28, 2009

Hunt for the Great Pumpkin

This weekend was filled with busy-ness as usual! Friday night we were picking apples for Saturdays market and I prepared the jars I made of Apple Pie Filling and Canned Pears with their labels. I guess my labels we not good enough; we were lucky enough to have someone from the health department at the market Saturday who advised us on how we should be labeling the items!

Sunday was the annual Hunt for the Great Pumpkin! Things went smoothly....other than Allen closing the car window while my hand was sticking through to grab my camera!!


We had an order of 8 bushels picked up last night, 5 more this morning and another order of 8 we need to fill by Wednesday...not to metion I have yet to make my pear butter. So aside from all the things that need fixed....like our water situation, winter doors on the mini barn, their paddock fencning etc etc etc, it's looking like another busy week on the farm!

Hound Dog and his Pumpkins!

No comments: