"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, September 21, 2009

Little bit of this, Little bit of that

This weekend was just like the rest - went by too fast and no time to relax ;)

Amid the hours of overtime I had to work, Allen & I made it to another Farmer's Market. This one was not as busy as the Wooster one we usually attend, but none the less, we didn't do too bad and made some good contacts.

We had one incident where the kittens escaped while the dogs were loose and Edward got pounced on by Mossy. My heart stopped and I thought poor Edward was a gonner ;/ -- I started calling for Allen to come help and by the time he grab the dogs and I got the kittens to safety and was composing myself on one side of the door, I hear Allen yell from the other side "I have an idea, why don't we get ANOTHER litter of kittens - What a GREAT idea". Okay, Okay, I see his point...our plates are beyond full and this was the gravy on the potato's ;)

The rest of the weekend was consumed by canning and apples and apple deliveries :) I figured we have more apples than we'll be able to sell so what else could I do with them to make a profit? This weekend I canned almost what is left of our ripening pears and also attempted to can 'Apple Pie Filling' and 'Cinnamon Apple Sundae Topping' - it is a start so let's see how well they go over.

It makes me wonder, what kind of apple related product would you be inclined to purchase from a Farmer's Market? Apple Pie? Apple Bread? Apple Crisp? Let me know.....

No comments: