"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Fly By Etsy Finds

I use the time fly by in my blog post title because I feel that is what I am doing. This week has been so busy and haven't had much time to blog, or read all the blogs I follow :( And so naturally, I didn't get to my Etsy finds until last evening and I'm still waiting to hear from a few artists on their permission to feature them - so stay tuned. I will add the new finds to the post throughout the next 48 hours as I hear from the artists!

Also, for those Clevelander's, check out Slow Food Northern Ohio's Blog. They have a post on how you can help support the Coit Road Farmers Market....so if you're in that area & interested, check it out!

Speaking of Farmer's Markets, we are patiently [anxiously] awaiting to hear from the ones we submitted to for the 2010 season! And, check out this awesome Farmers Market related shirt I found on Etsy! It's by Pursuits of Happiness and I love it!

I cannot wait for warm summer nights when we can use these! We woke up to snow and ice yesterday :/ UGH. This hand made garden lantern is from Onewintrynight. There is tons of cool stuff in this shop, but my brain is on warm, summer mode right night so I chose this!!


Maybe I should have titled my post 'warm summery mode'! Seems my brain is still there for my next favorite find of the week, this Cami Dress from Plum Pretty Sugar. She has all kinds of summer goodness clothing I want to wear NOW! And you can follow Plum Pretty Sugar on Twitter or Facebook.



And then I came across this on Etsy! Some of you may or may not know my fascination with anything 'witch' which, I assume, stems from my love of Halloween! This is a kitchen witch that is to bring good luck into your home :) Growing up my mom had a kitchen witch, but hers was actually scary looking! I tired to find one on my trip to Salem, MA a few years back, but they all seemed so commercialized and less genuine....if that makes sense. You can find this at Reid's Weeds on Etsy.




I wish I can make my eye into a camera and snap a pic every time I blink at something as wonderful as the way the sunrise is coming up over the orchard right now! Perfect!


I have to go get ready for the farrier to come trim the horses hooves....I thought about taking pics of the process for my blog, but he's Amish, so I don't know that they allow pics of themselves...that could be awkward!


Check back later as I add the rest of my Favorite Etsy finds of the week!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Great finds! That dress is gorgeous.