"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, March 1, 2010

In Like a Lamb, ey?

So today was consider 'In Like a Lamb' weather-wise.....it BETTER go out like a lamb too!

Everyone is cheering that all this snow, 2 some feet I think, that we got on Friday and Saturday is all melting. Lemme remind you that farms and horses aren't so cheery about it! Rapid melting of mass amounts of snow means mud and flooded stalls and barns for me :( Agh! And the horses have to stay out of the pastures if they want grass in the summer!!

My March came in a like a Lion! I woke up with a massive headache equivalent to being knocked in the head with a sledgehammer I would imagine! I missed a networking event with a local food group I was really looking forward to this evening due to my feeling like crap :/ So here I am, holed up on the couch, coughing and aching, with Whinny next to me! [Mossy is too preoccupied with the cat!] Allen did all the barn chores for me tonight - thank you!!!

Here are some pics from today of what's under the grow light.

These are my tulip bulbs that we forgot to plant in the fall. Every Valentine's Day, Allen buys me tulips and I save the bulbs. I wanted to plant them in our yard, one day, when I knew we'd have a house. Now here we are, with a farm, and I forget to plant them ;)
Heirloom Thyme and Italian Basil

Cat Grass! This was just planted this past Thursday night!

One of the trays

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Hooray for living in this heaven!

Andrea Q said...

Your seedlings are coming along nicely. I should get mine started!

Thanks for the link!