"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, June 18, 2010

Refrigerator Pickels

I bought these cucs at a local farmers market last weekend with the intention of making fridge pickels with them....and I did! I used this recipe and made a few minor adjustments ;)



I used fresh dill because I have it growing out my ears. Dill should be the new Zucchini ;)



And I didn't have any coriander either!



But regardless, they turned out delicious! I am not big on sweet things, and though this calls for minimal sugar, I might even cut it back a tad more for my tastes! And, add about triple the garlic!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Yummy!

Seana said...

This is awesome :)

Thanks for including the recipe and the suggestions, we plan on making refrigerator pickles when our cucumbers grow big enough! :)

River said...

and i thought i was the only one who called them "cucs" lol

Mel said...

This looks delish! I make a gorgeous appetizer for clients that leaves me with a bunch of wacky cucumber rings. I think this would be a fun way to use up the scraps!

Katie said...

I love, love, love refrigerator pickles! I'd prefer these over store-bought anyday!