"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just another morning...

Yesterday I had to go to my second doctor's appointment. It was almost 8am and I was just about ready to hit the road. All I needed to do was brush my hair and change out of my pj's.

I swear if this child comes out normal it will be a miracle.

5 minutes before I have to leave I hear the dogs causing a ruckus; I figure there is some normal daily chaos with the cat about who is allowed to look at who. The next thing I know, the dogs blew through the patio screen door because stupid hillbillies neighbor dog was dumping yet another toxic load in our yard. So here I am prego, braless in pj's and muck boots and still need to brush my hair, screaming trying to break up a fricking dog fight. Then I had to spend another 20 minutes chasing Whinny's butt all over gods creation. How do I finally catch her? I say "Whinny, let's go bye bye" and she runs straight home and stand next to Allen's truck. (Allen was already gone at work his in work vehicle. Trust me, I called him. He can't really help me from work!) By the time I got in the dang car, I was flustered, sweaty and 'discombobulated'!

So - then at ultrasound the doctor says "Oh look the baby is all content and snuggled and quiet, how cute" and I said, "Well can we make sure it is breathing? After the morning I just had, it could have already had a stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I don't think she understood my humor ;)

In any event, the baby did start doing what appeared to be back flips and it was pretty cool to see....especially since I cannot feel it yet. Her is a pic of the little one if you can make it out.


3 comments:

suzanne said...

Dear friend Allison

Oh my goodness...My absence has made me miss this wonderful news! From my heart I am so happy..I see how wonderfully motherly you are with your special animals. You are going to be the most special mother. I hope you are feeling well. If you need any tips do hollow~!

This has made my day

Have a happy one
Lots of love
Suzanne

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Suzanne :)

Anonymous said...

ahhhh! look at the little snug wee one! so exciting. usually days that start with braless running don't end well, too. ;)