"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Simple Trip

**Warning: This post may make you want to puke!**

Today I had the day to myself. Normally I would spend it having some TLC time with the horses or cleaning up around the house. Maybe canning some fruit from the orchard [it's impatiently waiting for me].

Instead, since all of the above these days takes a weeks worth of my energy, I decided to call up one of my sisters to go shopping. We made it through one store and I was toast :( Seriously. Ugh.
As we were driving home, we she was making casual conversation with me while I tried to calm my ever upset stomach with rice cakes that were packed for my one year old niece! At one point in the conversation, as she tells it, I casually asked her if she had a plastic bag. She opened the glove box, handed me a bag and I proceeded to throw up in it! In my eyes, I felt as though I puked my guts out. Then, as a trained RN and mommy of a one year old would, she calmly handed me a wipey and went about the drive as if I wasn't even sitting there with bloodshot teary eyes, [probably] drool on me somewhere and holding a plastic bag of puke!!

And that, my friends, is how I hang now a days!

Thanks Mal! What a sis ;)

2 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better!

Jen said...

LMAO You are sooooooo having a girl!