"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mowing Obsession

And so the season begins - Mowing the Lawn season.


My husband is a fanatic about mowing the lawn. And I think I have mentioned we have almost 6 acres. Of course not all of it has grass or is mowed. Yes, some of it is inside the pasture for the horses ;) But it is still a lot of grass - and my husband freaks if it gets too long. What will people say? I say Who Cares, that is why we don't live in a housing development! But far be it from me to have a say when it comes to the lawn!


This past Saturday, he started mowing all the lawn....prior to this, he did cut, with the push mower, the patch around the house :)



My niece was rather anxious to help out. I was in the house feeding the babe and about every two seconds I heard the tractor horn beeping ;)

This is when we first moved in to our farm. Hubby is mowing the orchard on an ancient mower he got from his parents....that they had from when he was younger ;)


Here he is with another mower we have. It was given to him from a friend of mine after her father passed away and they no longer needed it. Yes, he is 'washing' his mower in this pic. *sigh*



And then here he is with the BIG mower - the tractor. He was headed into the pasture to cut down some of the tall spring grass for the horses.


Some people are golf widows - I am a mower widow!

No comments: