"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Harvest Monday, June 6, 2011

We finally got the gardens in! Well...I do have a few more things to plant here and there, but for the most part, it is done :) Wahooo!

This is the main garden...

These are 'garden boxes' Allen put together. One has Strawberries, the other Soy Beans for Edamame.



And this is the Tomato/Basil/Onion garden with 4 squash plants in the corner ;)




This past week I harvested 'Onion Scapes'



And more Portabella's! 5.5 ounces in caps and 6 some ounces in stems.



I also harvested some lettuce and cilantro but forgot to weigh it! It is so nice to just run out the back door and grab what I need when I am cooking! I used the cilantro in a beef satay last night...oh my gosh, you HAVE to try this recipe. It was wonderful! It does have a kick though, so tone down the Sriracha if you can't handle the heat!


Here is a pic of our Pear Buds growing nicely :)




And since we were in the yard & gardens all weeekend, this was my helper!



Check out other Gardener's harvests from the past week over at Daphne's Dandelions.

20 comments:

kitsapFG said...

Congratulations on getting the garden all in. Your scapes and portabello mushrooms look delicious!

Nancy said...

Looks great! And so tidy.

Love your little helper -- I hope he didn't work too hard. :)

michelle said...

Nice shrooms! What a great feeling to get your garden in. I'm still trying to get my garden transitioned from spring to summer - lots of work left to do...

Anonymous said...

The gardens look great! I am impressed by all the green. I will try the recipe for cilantro in your last post - the flavors sounds delicious.

foodgardenkitchen said...

The gardens and boxes look great. COngrats on getting them in!

katiegirl said...

The gardens look great! And you've got a very cute helper!

Anonymous said...

I bet you feel like you've accomplished a marathon. It looks amazing and I'm so jealous. I say every year I'm going to do one. But I always chicken out. I'm envious of those that have the green thumb. I can't even keep a desk bamboo plant alive. :-(

Unknown said...

Roadside Rustic -- It isn't me....it's hubby! I just go along with what he tells me to do (re: gardening!) and I pick the things to grow for the most part :) hehehehe

Mac said...

Nice big garden is in, congrats.
Wish I can grow mushroom, I tried to grow from a mushroom kit once, but failed!

Barbie~ said...

pears....mmmm love pears. Keep posting the pictures!

Lynda @ TasteFood said...

You have given me garden envy :)

Ottawa Gardener said...

Ooo, nice looking mushrooms. You just reminded me that I should scout the fruit trees to see what's happening. I am tempted to do it now but I know the mosquitos would be only to thankful - it's dusk.

Emily said...

It must feel good to get the garden in. I know I felt better once all the plants were outside in the dirt.

Debbie @ Swampbilly Ranch said...

It all looks wonderful! I know you must feel better having it done. You sure do have a handsome helper.

Thomas said...

It looks like you have very beautiful plot of land.

I never thought about harvesting the onion scapes. I guess I should since we do have a few.

Tracy said...

You have a beautiful garden! As I have a black thumb, I am extremely in awe of your gardening skills. :-)

Shawn Ann said...

Oh, I love little helpers! I got a few of my own! You have some very nice gardens! Looks great!

Daphne Gould said...

I've never seen anyone harvest onions scapes before, but I guess if garlic scapes are good, onion scapes ought to be too. And yay on getting it all in.

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful you have such a large yard. Gardening is so relaxing, and food from the yard always tastes much better! The garden boxes look great, he did an awesome job. Maybe I should try to build some tiny ones to put on my patio...

Vanessa said...

Love all the pictures of the garden, I am jealous of all your space!