"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Story of My Sage

This was my beautiful Sage that came back from last year! I was surprised and so happy!!

This is that same Sage plant...a week later. I told hubby I didn't understand why all of a sudden it looked like it was dying!? I asked him if he 'accidentally' hit it with the tractor bucket while laying down manure and dirt for my marigolds. He said "No, but maybe you should transplant it elsewhere? It's roots don't look too deep".

Huh? Ok. So I left it there, because it had been fine there. And I liked it there...at the corner entrance to the big garden.

Days went by and I came to the realization, it died ;( I asked hubby again, 'Are you sure you didn't hit it with the tractor'?

"No, I might have accidentally rototilled it when I was putting down manure for the marigolds."

Nice!




So, I told hubby I would be getting a new Sage plant. He wanted to know why; what do I even need Sage for?



'Uhhh, for those really good burgers I make. And ... .... ...... for Smudge sticks'...



His response, " *sigh* Allison, you are weird!"

So, I took it as a compliment, bought my new Sage plant, and planted it in the herb garden where it probably belongs!

So, this is the story of my Sage!

And, SCORE, I picked up a Patchouli plant while I was out getting the Sage plant! I was so excited to see the nursery had these since my last one died (after a cat may or may not have been snacking on it) that my mom had bought me, by luck, at a plant auction!

Raise your hand if you love Patchouli :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need sage for this: http://yankeepantry.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/sage-butter-sauce-with-parmesan/

You will swoon, so be prepared :). Seriously, it is amazing. I am going to try it on pizza soon.

Bee Girl said...

I, too, love sage! I haven't been able to grow it from seed yet...I might have to surrender and buy a plant or two! And patchouli?! Heck yeah!