"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well Hallelujah!

Amen! Temperatures are turning back to frigid! The ground is freezing up again!! :) No, I am not crazy. No, I am not nuts. I am excited because the horses should be able to go out in the pasture now and my barn area won't be one big mud pile :) Wooo Hooo!

This also means that our 'Mud Room' won't be as muddy either. I swear, even though the dogs feet get wiped every time they come in, and we do not wear our boots into the house, the dang room still looks like a tornado of mud went through it *sigh* I give up.


Yesterday I broke the bank and used some of my birthday money ;) to purchase an 'Easy Walk' Harness for Whinny :) It is even pink like the one in this picture! (The pic of this dog kinda looks like Mossy's body with those markings, lol)

We've had plenty of harnesses; they have all ended up chewed because for one reason or another, by no fault of my own or Allen's of course, they end up laying around within the dogs reach ;) The new rule is, this one goes right on the coat rack when Whinny comes in or I kill the person who leaves it on the ground for them to chew ;)

Whinny is notorious for pulling on the leash. She also is notorious for slipping her collar :( Since she has a petite build, I don't like having a choke collar on her....even though she doesn't even pay the darn thing one bit of attention! So, I bit the bullet and bought this harness to see if we can not nip this bad habit in the butt!

So far, so good. 2 walks since I brought it home last night and she walks like a dream :) The big test will be today when I get home from work and have her and her brother to walk together; the morning walks don't count because sometimes I think they are still half asleep. If it goes well after work, HALLELUJAH! It would be another miracle!

No comments: