"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm Perplexed?

I am not complaining. Let's get that out there now. I know this could be a lot worse.

But I am perplexed....perplexed at the women who talk about how they love/loved being pregnant. I am curious what it is they loved about it?

Did they love the nausea? The feeling of a hangover without the booze?

Did they love the weight gain? The shortness of breath?

Their husband having to put on their socks and shoes for you?

The expanding waistline which requires a whole new wardrobe? *cha-ching cha-ching*

The aversion to foods? The feeling that you need to eat a whole cow right.now! ?

The heartburn? The heartburn brought on by drinking water? Or even eating bread?

The heartburn that feels like someone is stabbing you in the back with a knife?

The heartburn that requires you to buy a gallon of milk every other day just to calm it's embers?

The heartburn that requires you to sleep sitting up because if you lay down, it worsens?

The heartburn that is with you 24/7 regardless of tums, pepcid or milk?

The frequent trips to the potty in the middle of the night that hurt because the baby is on your full, pea-sized bladder that can clearly hold no more than a rain drop?

I am just curious what all these women who love/d being prego love/d about all of the above? Please indulge me :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hear ya! I agree completely...I am in the 18th week of my first pregnancy and am suffering every minute of it!! I have 24/7 extreme nausea! Don't get me wrong...I am so thankful and grateful to be pregnant, but it is not easy or enjoyable. :(
(I found you from Pioneer Woman's blog, by the way!)