"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Strawberry Banana Pancakes






Strawberry Banana Pancakes



I had Strawberries and Bananas to use ...so I took Jessica's recipe for Banana Bread pancakes and altered it into Strawberry Banana pancakes. It is important to note, I think you should make your cakes thinner than the ones in my photos. Not that they were not good. I just think you'd like them even better if they were, say, half the thickness, of the ones I pictured. And they'd be easier to cook too!

Ingredients:


2 cups whole wheat pastry flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk

1 dozen fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered

1 large ripe bananas, mashed

2 tablespoons butter, melted



Mix together your dry ingredients, then mix in the milk, butter and fruit. The mixture won't be very runny, but rather lumpy, and it will take some elbow grease to get a wet consistency ready for the hot pan :)


Place lumps of the mix onto your hot pan on the stove. Keep them thin; it will be easier to cook them through w/o burning the outsides. Depending on how thin/thick your cakes are, cook each side 3-5 minutes.


Enjoy with maple syrup and your coffee....or milk...depending on your preferance!


2 comments:

Debi said...

I bet those were so good with maple syrup. I haven't had pancakes in ages. Deb

Jill said...

Yum!!!