"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan [and a fun video!]


I know I am late on this for the week, but none the less! You could very well have some leftovers from Monday or Tuesday too eat later in the week - warning!

Monday: Black Bean Quesadillas
*Soak the barley for tomorrow's soup as well! These are great because you can dress them up really however you want! I used Cilantro, Cheese and some tomato sauce. I flavor my beans by warming them in a pot with lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, salt and some tumeric. When I cook them on the stove top, I coat them with coconut oil.

Tuesday: Beef, Barley & Mushroom Soup
Have I mentioned how in love I am with this soup! It's seriously SO good! Hubby requests double the amount of meat next time, but I think 1# works just fine! Take yur pick.

Wednesday: Stuffed Shells

Thursday: Bone-in Grilled Pork Chops & Potatos au Gratin
I let my chops marinate in soy sauce at room temp for at least 30 minutes and thenhubby usually sprinkles them with some onion & garlic powder while grilling. 

Friday: Egg Salad Sandwiches
...because we have a dozen hardboiled eggs to use up from Easter!



So, what are you cooking up this week?

And just for fun, have you seen this? Hillarious :)

1 comment:

Leslie @ Real Food Freaks said...

I love that SNL clip-- so hysterical! And, pretty close to the truth, in my opinion! :)