"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, September 9, 2011

Freestyle Friday


  • I have more Cabbage than I know what to do with right now. I don't have enough crocks to make it all Sauerkraut. But I could eat it all as Sauerkraut..make no mistake :)
  • So...I was trying to blanch & freeze using my FoodSaver bags. But, I must say, any time you want to use your FoodSaver for something that has been blanched, it is a big PITA! Because the veggies are moist, the bags don't seal right, so then you have to wait for them to dry out, or flash freeze them.
  • I got too tired to wait for either of these at 10 pm last night so I threw all the blanched Cabbage in Ziploc's and I will deal with it tonight -- I guess -- after I pick fruit until my fingers bleed ;)
  • Are these dogs for real?!
  • Looking for a 'new' car will be the death of me
  • Looking for a new car, in which this time my husband has a say too, will be the double death of me. Last time I bought a car, I can't even remember if we were engaged. So the decision was mine all mine.
  • My husband likes rough trucks with loud, obnoxious mufflers and obscene tires. I am looking to tote a kid around...and some hay bales, feed bags and other misc. items. I am not looking to join in the Muddin' Militia. You can see how this may be a problem.
  • We do put a truck to good use here on the farm. Our current one is one my husband bought in, I believe it was 2000, and you currently need to make sure you have an up-to-date Tetanus shot before you touch it. And it isn't running, again, at the moment.
  • God I miss this kid -- why do I have to work all day and send him to a sitter :(

Have a Good Weekend!

7 comments:

Jill said...

All I can think to say is "Bless your sweet heart!" Hang in there. TGIF!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Love the little punkin' hat! As for the car/truck, I feel your pain. Geez! Boys and their toys!

Susan said...

First, I've never heard anyone else say PITA before--we must have been separated at birth : )! As my mother would say, "this to will pass." It's days like this that gives us the stamina to deal with the bad stuff...I know. Love you, XOXO

Vanessa said...

Deep breath, it will all get done!

Nancy said...

Golly -- you do have alot on your plate, Allison. Maybe try to take some time to relax this weekend? :)

Debi said...

Take a deep breath Allison. Prioritize, that's what it's all about. What's at the top, that's what matters most. Something about the cutie in the orange hat makes me think he's no where near the bottom.

Mary said...

Yikes, I can't imagine an abundance of cabbage. I used a single head in two meals last week and I love it. But, I might not need to buy cabbage again for a few months at least. I just don't think of it very often.

Your angel looks beyond adorable in the last photo. Take a deep breath. You can do this.