"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dreaming of Spring

We have had a very mild winter thus far, however, this past weekend the temps dropped and the snow fell. NOW it feels like winter. And, it is about that time of year where we really start dreaming of Spring over here at Apolloson Acres. I am tired of the windows being closed up. I was to to open them and air out the house. I want to walk outside barefoot! I want fresh veggies from the garden! And I want to see the horses romping in the pasture.

Dreaming of Spring...









I have linked this post up with Rural Thursday Blog Hop!
_

12 comments:

Susan said...

Great Minds Think Alike!!!

CrankyPuppy said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. This winter has been so mild that it feels like Spring is right around the corner, doesn't it? If we could just be patient...

Bee Girl said...

Me too, me too!!! Though we could go for some good moisture! Rain or snow will do...just lots of it!

Anonymous said...

I'll 2nd everything you've said & add that I want to see color, some flowers blooming, etc! Come on Spring! =)
Beautiful horse! =)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It's been a mild winter here too. I'm actually a little worried - it's been so mild that the bugs are likely to be terrible this summer!

Spring will be here soon :-)

Thanks for linking with Rural Thursdays!

Nancy said...

We haven't had much in the way of winter weather this year and I'm hoping that means an early spring.

Loving the photo of your two dogs. Made me smile, Allison.

Thank you for sharing with Rural Thursday!

Robyn said...

I love opening windows and hanging clothes on the line! It's so nice to air out the house after winter.

Beautiful pictures!

Costin Comba said...

Beautiful horse. Looks like a dalmatian :) The dogs are so happy.
Have a nice week. Greetings from Romania.

Candy C. said...

Lovely spring photos! I'm sure it will get here someday!! ;-)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I couldn't agree with you more...nice to "meet" you!...:)JP

Michaele said...

I just LOVE that garden fence!

Clint Baker said...

Stopping by off the hop! I really am enjoying your blog! You and your friends may be interested in the seed give away which I am having on my blog. Please stop by:

http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/2012/02/veggie-seed-give-away.html