"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Seen it all?


I have learned that you really will never see it all!
Though, finding a metal 'caution' triangle in a hay bale, presumably from the tractor that was baling, was certainly baffling...until I put two and two together!


And then hubby opened up this bale to feed and found a dead.baby.skunk inside. Nice. Now I have seen 'a lot' when it comes to surprises in hay bales. This would be like finding a needle in a hay stack!




2 comments:

Prairie Cat said...

I am finding that country life involves lots of surprise presents... like stupid mice that are in feed bags when I dip my hand in them to scoop out some grain. Freaks me out every time!

Unknown said...

Prairie Cat - TOO FUNNY! my husband always leaves the lid off the grain container and it drives me nuts because I am just waiting to stick my hand in and find a mouse! And I still skirt sideways, after 4 years, every time I happen upon dead mice, birds etc left behind by the cat.