"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Recipe: Chicken & Beet Salad


This is too easy to probably even qualify as both a blog post and a recipe. But it is too good not to share.

First, I apologize - no photos. I tried 900 ways to take a photo of this salad that didn't make it look like cat vomit - sorry, no luck. Have you lost your appetite now too? Bummer! But really - try this!

Here is what I use:
Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing from this salad
Romaine Lettuce from the garden
Leftover chicken from the previous nights dinner, sliced/shredded/chunked...whatever you prefer!
Roasted Beets left over from the previous nights dinner!
Cheese - I like some shredded Mozzarella and some Blue Cheese - what a combo, I know!

If you are going to make this to take to lunch the next day, I put the dressing at the bottom of a jar, then dump everything else minus the lettuce. In the morning I add the lettuce on top. At lunch time, I shake it all up and 'ta-daaa'  - salad that isn't soggy! I have pinterest to thank for that trick ;)

Give it a try, I bet you'll like it. And if you tell me you don't like beets, I am going to ask you - "Do you know you don't like beets, or do you just think you don't like beets?" :) Because when they are roasted, they are nice and sweet!

**
This post is linked up at the Pennywise Platter!


1 comment:

Camille said...

This sounds so good! Beets are one of my favorite veggies! This sounds so easy, too.