"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan - June 10


Sunday: Mongolian Beef in the crockpot
I also made a batch of Strawberry Baked Oatmeal that was packed in lunches for the babe and I during the week!

Monday: Pork Chops in a Cream Caper Sauce with Rice and Broccoli


Tuesday: Taco Crunch Wraps
Extras were great for lunch the next day! Just not quite as crunchy ;)

Wednesday: Homemade Belgian Waffles with cream cheese and my homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Though this may sound exotic or intense, I was looking for an easy out for dinner. All I had to do was whip up the batter, which took a whole 5 minutes, and the waffles cooked right in my waffle maker. Warm some cream cheese and spread it on with your jam and you are good to go!

Thursday: Portabella Garlic Scape Pasta
Another 'wing-it' type of dinner. I had 'bellas that needed use, we just harvested our garlic scapes and I had some cream in the fridge and whole wheat rotinis in the cupboard! I added some onions in the pan with the mushrooms and some parmesan cheese in with the cream and there were barely enough leftovers for me to take to lunch!

Friday: Grilled Steak Cobb Salads with Garlic Scape Dressing and lettuce from the garden!

Saturday: Grassfed Kabobs on the grill with fresh veggies from the farmers market and a homemade pasta salad!



1 comment:

Susan said...

First, I love the waffles for dinner--that made my mouth water! I also love that you take advantage of the crock pot to create your meals; with your busy schedule, you still create healthy meals. XOXO