"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan: June 18, 2012


This past weekend was a busy one with cook-outs and birthday parties! This coming weekend will be our first CSA pick-up and I believe this time around, it will be two chickes - yahoo! I can't wait!

Sunday: Shrimp Sauerkraut Eggrolls

Monday: Grilled Chicken and Roasted Cauliflower

Tuesday: Chicken Quesadillas on the grill with leftover chicken from Monday night :) And fresh Cilantro from the herb garden.

Wednesday: Caprese Meatballs & Spagehtti (recipe coming this week!)


Caprese Meatballs & Spaghetti

Thursday: Burgers on the grilled with steamed broccoli & parmesan cheese

Friday: BBQ Chicken Drumsticks

Saturday: Hot Ham & Cheese


I am trying to be creative with meals since it has been so hot and I don't want to turn on the oven in the house. We are doing a lot of grilling - and clearly, this past week was chicken week!

1 comment:

Heather said...

These all sound delicious! In the summer I rarely cook. If anything we grill, or eat whatever raw veggies we can find in the fridge :-) It is all about "snack" type meals for us. And it doesn't even get all that hot here in Maine! The one thing that I do like to cook is fresh pasta sauce with tomatoes from my garden, and make my own pasta. That isn't a meal I make often - very time consuming for me - but it is delicious when I do go to the trouble!