"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, November 20, 2009

Little House on the Prairie

Last night was just another hectic evening of scrambling to get dinner on, get all the chores done, spend quality time with all the animals and try to relax somewhere in between.

Allen got home from work late, the cistern pump was being a PITA again, as usual, [whats new] and it took Mossy a whole 5 minutes to chew up a BRAND NEW floor mat I bought to put inside by the door we come in and out of. AGHHHHHH - In the time it took me to clean 2 stalls (the mini's I might add), I went back to the house to check on the dogs and my new $6 (lol) door mat was on the couch and chewed to resemble Texas :(

As if it couldn't get any better, I went into the bathroom and for whatever reason, looked at the ceiling and thought 'hmmm, that spot on the ceiling looks funny'; so I stood on the toilet so I could touch the funny looking spot and the next thing I know, my finger is sticking THROUGH the ceiling. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I told Allen we are one more thing breaking or falling apart from becoming Little House on the Prairie. Daisy better start learning how to carry buckets of water draped over her back!

No comments: