"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ahhhhh :)

I love that I am sitting her, sipping wine [oh how I missed my wine while I was sick!] with the windows open, smelling the wonderful breeze of horses coming through my window :) It is pure bliss. Pure.Bliss.

It was so nice to come home after being out of town yesterday for business. I was greeted with Whinnies, Barks and even a meow from the kitchen window ;) Heartwarming. The hubby even had all the chores done and started spring cleaning the yard!!

To put an even bigger smile on my face, I received my swap gift from Suzanne in South Africa while I was away. Remember I told you about Suzanne and her Etsy shop, Down in the Meadow, in one of my Saturday Etsy Finds Posts? We swapped goods; one of my apple photographs for one of her hand knitted nursery mares. The apple photo of my choice for the nursery mare of her color choice.

I was so excited to see the package on the counter when I came in the house; it has beautiful stamps all over and they said 'South Africa'. Call me queer but I think that is so cool!


The nursery mare was package so delicately and, how fitting, with a felt apple tied to the yarn!

*Note: the package was wrapped a lot nicer than this, but I got so excited and started opening it up, forgetting I needed to get the picture!

And what a beautiful, perfect color she chose to send! I know exactly who I will be giving this nursery mare too!

Check out Suzanne's blog, Down in the Meadow, too when you have a chance. I love it! The scenery in her photos are beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I love it!

Your man is doing the chores a lot in your posts. Sounds like a keeper haha :)

Unknown said...

Krissy - Yes, you are right ;) With me being sick and then out of town, hubby has filled in a lot!! I read him your comment and got a smile/smirk in return! I think his head just exploded 10x it's size........oh brother!

suzanne said...

Oh my you are too kind....I am glad you like your mare..The color reminded me of a granny smith apple. Glad to hear you are better.

Have a great week end

Warm regards
Suzanne