"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Battle with the Bottle

No, not that bottle! I love my wine....there is no battle there ;)
So I have this horse. Her name is Gypsy. Sometimes she can be less than tidy in her stall. And then, sometimes, she'll insist that she stand right where she relieves herself. *sigh* So, needless to say, sometimes I need to treat her 'hoof' that she insists on resting in a 'certain' area when she is in her stall. It isn't often since, pending weather, she is outside and all her other hooves are doing very well. It is just this one hoof. It doesn't like me. It likes to see me sweat trying to get her to lift it. And then it laughs at me. Why?
Because when I FINALLY get it up long enough to pick it [the hoof that is] it isn't too long before Gypsy fights with me to put it down. She is 1100-some pounds; she usually wins. But I persist. I continue to work on getting that dang hoof back up. And just when I do, I grab the 'Thrush Buster'.....and try to squeeze some of the goods in the bottle out.....then, I realize something has clogged the tip. Now understand, what I am about to tell you all took place in about 1 minute and 8 seconds TOPS!
I panic ...ok, not really panic. I try in a fury of all my might to squeeze that dang bottle as hard as I can to blow whatever is clogging the tip because, gosh darn it, I have her hoof back up. I have her hoof up. And I won't have it up for long.
And the next thing I know, I have successfully thrush busted myself. *sigh*


Allen came home from a golf outing and I ran at him with my hand in the air telling him I have a disease. He said "get away because you probably smell like hoof" :/ Dang, can't fool that cowboy!

Note the lovely new french manicure....we do it in brown instead of white out here in the county. Ok, you got me. It is dirt under the nails. What do you expect?
Anyways, the thrush buster actually sprayed onto my face [pics spared] and I had blue specks everywhere. My brother-in-laws reaction was "What the ....." I told him I turned into an alien while they were gone. He might have believed me...but it was probably his beer talking.

And this was my right hand! Good Lord; who knows if Gypsy even got any on her dang hoof!

And to my dear friend Yvonne, who always battles the bottle. I believe I have now trumped you and any war you have ever had....with the bottle ;)

2 comments:

River said...

Yeah. That looks quite.. permanent?

You actually look like you just robbed a bank.

Unknown said...

ha! that thought never occured to me ;)