"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, June 11, 2010

Adventures in My Car - Take 2

Last time I had a blog post of a similar nature, I titled it 'Car Hoarder? Farm Car?'

Since it seems this topic may be making more apperances that I thought on my blog, maybe I should give it a new title? Maybe 'Mom, don't read?'.....'Don't be embarassed for me mom'......'It's ok mom, I did vacumn in the house'.........


Anyways, my reason for this episode. I had to pick up shavings and then, on my way home from work, I had to go on a man hunt for homesteads with a sign out front that said 'HAY'. You see, I need hay. And I always wait to the last minute...I know, shame on me. It usually is ok because I call up my hay guy and say, "We're coming tomorrow for hay". This time though, he replied with "I have none, I haven't cut it yet with all the rain". UGH. So I drove up and down roads near my home look for a sign that said 'HAY'!


I found someone! And although I knew just by looking at it that it was good hay and the horses would have no issue eating it, I asked to take one bale with me to ensure they liked it! Yes, horse people do this because yes, sometimes horses don't like certain farmers hay :) I kid you not. And since I don't drive a truck and my trunk is ALWAYS filled with other crap, where did you think the hay bale was going to go? On my lap? I think not!

Now, wait until I tell you the story about when we went to pick up the hay! To Be Continued...

No comments: