"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, October 11, 2010

2nd Annual Harvest Hayride Recap!

Here are some pictures to recap our 2nd Annual Harvest Hayride at Apolloson Acres :)
I cannot believe it is over already! More pics to come soon, hopefully, from others. I misplaced my camera half the night!
My brother and his handy work! I showed his this witch diagram from Martha Stewart and it took him some plywood. This is the finished result. I LOVE IT! We set her up in the orchard for the hayride.

This year we incorporated a Clam Bake into the hayride. Here hubby's throwing the clams into the steamer :)


And here is hubby (in the oranhe shirt) with his friend, Skylar, cooking up the chickens. I baked them all in the oven earlier in the day and then we threw them on the grill to crisp them up for the Clam Bakes. It saved on time waiting for everything to cook together in the steamer....and tasted much better too ;)

Here are some of our nephews, Grady, Austin, Parker, and niece, Valaree, anxiously awaiting the hayrides to begin!

Kids carving pumpkins!

Nephews Ben, Grady, Parker, Austin & Johnny!

Everyone waiting for the pinata to break open!


Valaree and I waiting for a hayride!



My 'mini-witch' passing out glow bracelets!

No comments: