"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, July 9, 2011

The [Happy] Veggies


After I devoted a post to bashing my vegetable garden, I figured I should at least leave myself one glimmer of hope and showcase a few things that are looking 'decent'!


This is our first time trying our hand at growing corn and it looks to be doing well!


We have a few of these Big Boy Bell Peppers coming along.


Jalepenos...it seems I never need one when I have them. And when I don't have them, I always need one!


Kung Pao Pepper; I am excited for these to use in stir-fry's.


Blooms on my Soy Beans [to be used for Edaname!] I don't know if they are taking extremely long, or if I am just very impatient!


And the KY Wonder Pole Beans I planted around the light post, along with a volunteer squash or pumpkin of some sort! They seem to be coming along nicely, but I would sure like to start seeing the actual beans!

So how about you - do you have a veg or flower you are particularly happy with this season?

6 comments:

Seven Gates Farm said...

I am squashed out. I'm actually tired of picking squash and zucchini. I have given it to EVERYONE. Today, I'm making chocolate zucchini nut bread (mini-loaves). At least it will be something different than the squash casseroles, squash stir-fry, etc. I do have green beans, peppers, eggplant, and hopefully lots of tomatos in the next week or so. Debi

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

It looks like it won't be long and you will have an awesome harvest! Your soy beans look great and wow look at those peppers!!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

My garden was put in late, but I do have one, count 'em, one -- sweet pepper. Woo-hoo! :)

Rachel said...

That's so pretty growing up the light post like that!

Bee Girl said...

I am so incredibly jealous of your soy beans!!! I wanted to plant some this year but was unable to find the particular variety that has proven to do well in our incredibly dry heat! Lucky, lucky lady!!!

meemsnyc said...

I have some edamame growing on the seeds you sent me. I can't wait to harvest and eat them!