"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Keeping Sanity

Last night I posted a blurb on my Facebook page that read something to the effect of...

'Apples falling from the sky, crazy dogs, kittens on meds and angels for horses...where do I get my sanity!?'

I've been thinking a lot about that today! It certainly is our busiest time of the year with the apple harvest... on top of all our other on-going projects. It was also yesterday that I noticed Apollo's mane was resembling dreadlocks :/ I SWEAR I just cowboy majic'ed and show sheened it! But none the less, I am sure the horses have no arguments on me keeping to my minimum with them these last few weeks - allowing them to be out all day until dusk - muching on grass then coming in to munch on hay and not too much aggravation from me!

Last night, in the crisp fall weather, I caught a scent of horses in the pasture! Mmmmm, my favorite smell. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and I'd pick up this scent from the horse farm across the road from our housing developement. Sweet Heaven! I wish I could bottle it up!

So as I brought the horses in last night, I took an extra few minutes to bury my face in each of their manes, TTouch their backs and enjoy the scent of horses on a crisp fall night....in my own backyard! That is how I manage my sanity!

No comments: