"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree 2010

Yesterday was our annual family tradition of going out in search of our perfect Christmas Tree. Allen had to work so we missed out on going with the rest of my family, but he still got home at a decent time and we were able to head out to a farm I discovered about 25 miles or so from our place. And they offered horse drawn wagon rides out to their fields....I'm sold!


We decided to go with a blue spruce; they smell awesome in the house. And I am just not a fan of the trees with the long, soft needles. I must admit, I do feel a tad bad about cutting down a tree to sit in my house for one month, but we do make the most of it. Once the season is over, a friend of Allen's has us throw the tree in his pond. Something about helping with the fish and overall upkeep on the pond...I dunno. I just know the tree still serves a purpose after we trim it and decorate it and then no longer need it!

This is the one we decided on....


And here is Baby and I ;) Baby's First Christmas Tree Hunt ;) And for the record, I was mortified to see this picture...I didn't think I looked that large...but for my friends asking to see some baby bump pictures, I swallow my pride and post this for you ;)



On the way back, we got the tractor drawn wagon ride. Here is hubby with his freshly cut tree :)


And of course, once it was home and in the house, the helpers had to check everything out! And this year is our first Christmas having Maggie [the cat] so I am interested to see how she does with the tree...and praying she doesn't climb up it!



And just a quick Thanksgiving Recap...these two are very thankful for each other and were thankful they had each other to snuggle with while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on tv Thanksgiving Day :)


1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

That tree looks perfect. How nice that you have a place so close by that does horse drawn carriage to the trees! It's awesome.