"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby Food - Homemade


You guessed it! I am making my own baby food. And $aving money doing it :)

Ever play that game at a baby shower where they melt candy bars down in baby diapers and you have to guess which candy bar it was? You haven't? You are missing out!

Anyways, let's play, guess the baby food. One of these, at the least, should be super easy!

 Baby Food #1

Baby Food #2

Baby Food #3

More on this topic in the weeks to come...this, I am sure ;)

Funny, non-related, side note: Since I am working on making the things I use in our home more green, homemade and all that good stuff, I throw lemons in the dishwasher after I have juiced them for a lemony smell after a round running the dishwasher. Works pretty well :) Anyways, hubby opened the dishwasher this morning and instantly had a perplexed look on his face and the conversation went like this:

Hub: 'Why does it smell like....'
Mecutting him off, 'Like Lemons!!?? :)'
Hub: 'Like....like homemade stuff? Like.....like homemade dishwasher detergent?!? said with a tone that sounded like 'Really? Allison? Really? Homemade Dishwasher soap?
Me: It is just the lemons from last night that I threw in with the wash - doesn't it smell nice?
Hub: 'You're queer!'

He won't admit it, but he knows it's cool ;)

4 comments:

suzanne said...

Hi there Allison

First of all I cannot believe how the little man has grown! my goodness how gorgeous and handsome...

Your homemade food look delish! lucky baby..

Secondly...do forgive but I have still not sent your seeds (horror!) they will be leaving on the next plane..

Love to you
Suzanne

Vanessa said...

Hahaha, this makes me laugh. My husband had a hard time getting used to the smell of my homemade kitchen cleaner.

katiegirl said...

That's so funny what your hubby said. Sounds like something mine would say.

Are we supposed to guess the baby food? My guesses are apples, peas, and pears. But what do I know?! :-)

Mary said...

Love the dialogue with your husband. Totally made me grin.