"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, August 7, 2011

County Fair - Part 1


This past week was our county fair. My day job keeps me up there all week. It's fun, but it will be more fun when I am up there all week with my little man and his 4H projects ;) That's only 5+ years away.

I took loads of pics and tried to narrow them down for one post, but I ended up with 20 to share so I'll do a few posts throughout the week! For some reason, I ended up with a lot of pictures relating to, not horses but, the cows?!

So, without further or do, the beautiful bovines from the county fair.


 The Milking Parlor



 It was actually kinda sad looking at these animals and then thinking how the end of the fair week is 'the end' for them

These Dairy cows are from a farm right around the corner from our house. We see them in the pasture [well, their whole herd of probably 100+] and they look so pretty, but gosh, up close they are massive. And ladies, I just want you to know, I feel for you with that milk bag you have hanging there! I feel even more sorry for you that your's hangs where it does ;)

Stay tuned, more fun fair photos to come!
Do you attend your county fair?

5 comments:

Jill said...

Fun shots!

Tami said...

Mmmm...nothing better than a local fair. I remember the Canfield Fair in Ohio growing up. I could spent all day there. Loved the pigs for some reason. The bags on those Holsteins are HUGE! (Better them than me...grin)

Vanessa said...

I've never been to my fair. Our county is pretty much all city and we have never even gone to check it out. We love going to the Wood County Fair.

Camille said...

We go to the Oakland County Fair every summer. It is such a blast! Great pics!

meemsnyc said...

Awww, I love seeing cows. Cute!