"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, August 26, 2011

Farm Friday:The Weekend To-Do List


This weekends To-Do list includes, but is [of course] not limited to:

Deciding what to do with 10#'s of Roma's given to me from a co-worker 


Sell Apples 


Give this big 6 month old kisses until he screams in my face, then laugh because it is so adorable


Hose down some Equines for what will most likely be their last bath of the season

I am also looking to dabble in some whole fruit preserve in liquors...you know, like Vodka & Rum. Is Everclear legal here?

Try my hand at making my own laundry detergent...so my husband and sisters can tell me again how weird I am...

And maybe, just maybe, I think it is time to start setting up the Dept. 56 Halloween Village*

Happy TGIF! What's on your weekend To-Do List?



*New readers should take note I am a Halloween FREAK. My whole family is! So when a holiday of this magnitude comes around, only having decorations up for 1 month is unspeakable. We.must.start.decorating.NOW!


5 comments:

Jill said...

I hope you post lots of pics of your home decorated for Halloween. I love the holiday too!

Susan said...

Looks like you're going to busy with tomatoes; wish I was there to buy some apples! XOXO

Camille said...

I love Halloween, too! It is like our Christmas here. How about making some sundried tomatoes on the low setting of your oven? :)

Vanessa said...

This weekend I need to do laundry, make pesto and freeze it, water the garden, and figure out what is going to go in the empty spaces of the garden.

Have you checked out Lehman's before they have all the ingredients and kits to make your own laundry detergent, I know they are up your way.

Good luck with your list!

kitsapFG said...

You have quite an ambitious to do list! Mine is shorter but still represents an ambitious schedule. Big one for us is to finish moving all the firewood (delivered in a dump truck load on our front drive area) and stacking it. The wood was delivered two weeks ago and we have been moving it slowly ever since. We are down to the last 1/4th of the original pile and it is time to just push to finish. I will also be harvesting and preserving garden produce and I am going to start making a new bed for my artichoke plants.