"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dark Days Challenge - Week 6



Finally, I am back with a Dark Days Challenge post after a 2 week hiatus because of the craziness of the holidays, a sick household and because it totally slipped my mind. And I am not going to lie - I feel like a total cheater with this meal because it couldn't be easier! But, to make up for it, hubby is roasting a venison steak for dinner, which I will post about soon!

So, what we have here is fried (local) eggs and maple sausage patties from Whitefeather Meats.



I must say, one thing I am enjoying more and more about cutting out the grocery store as much as possible and purchasing local is the people. They are so friendly, willing to answer questions or spark up a conversation and you never feel like you are bothering them with your purchase. It is such a breath of fresh air. At the grocery store half the time, you get some crabby cashier that hates their life and would rather be anywhere but there and they aren't afraid to make you aware of it - total downer.

Yesterday was my first trip to Whitefeather Meats. I have heard lots of wonderful things about them and finally made my way there. They are wonderful people! And the babe had a great time picking out meat too :)



5 comments:

Unknown said...

OOhh - you had the "maple" kind? Better tell that dog Griswold :). Totally agree with you.

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, getting caught up on some posts and your cutie is beyond adorable! And getting SO big!!

meemsnyc said...

That is so awesome that you are doing this "Eat Local" challenge.

Chiot's Run said...

I must tell you, once you start avoiding the grocery store and shopping at places like Whitefeather you'll feel weird when you walk into a grocery store. When I go in one I feel like they're not even selling food.

BTW - have to been to Local Roots in Wooster?

Unknown said...

Susy - yes! I love Local Roots in Wooster and I am excited for their Sprout location in Ashland to open full time as I am in that city once a week for work!!