"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, January 27, 2012

Link Loitering


Here is a short list of things this week.
All I have to say is TGIF...no, seriously, THANK.GOD.IT'S.FRIDAY! This has been the longest week ever!!!

Seed Savers Exchange is offering 2012 Webinar Series on saving your own seeds. The first one was this past week, but I am sure you could get caught up!

Have you checked the new USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map for your area? It is the first time it has been updated since 1990! (Global Warming, anyone?)

Good quick read on Michael Pollan's Least Favorite Foods! (Psstt...look what he says about yogurt! I told you!)

4 comments:

Patrice said...

I like your header! I'll check out the seed saver webinar.

Susan said...

I did see the new map--we're in the 8a-8b region which is good news

Anonymous said...

How do you make your yogurt. I used to have a gas oven, and could easily make yogurt overnight using the heat from the pilot light. But I still haven't figured out an easy way to make yogurt in our new house with the electric oven. I have a crockpot, but still haven't managed to find the right setting or method. :(

Unknown said...

Hi Karenish

I do mine in the crockpot. I have an electric oven (unfortunately) and I don't tihnk it gets warm enough.