"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Creamsicles!


Here is my newest favorite thing to make in the kitchen :)

Homemade Creamsicles!!
Since we are moving over to this traditional/real/whole foods diet [I can't decide what the proper term is], popsicles and creamsicles are just one more thing to make from scratch. They take hardly any effort and taste much better than the boxed ones. I purchased the Tovolo molds, which are BPA free.

So for my first go-round, I did Banana Mango Creamsicles.


After I peeled the fruit, I threw it into my mini food processor and added about 1 tbsp of honey and probably 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream - I just eyeballed it.


Then I blended it all together...


...poured it into the molds...


...and waited for them to freeze up!
I made these in the morning and we tried them in the afternoon. If I had to guess, they were in the freezer for 5-ish hours?


And they were delish!
The babe especially enjoyed as he is pushing through a top tooth at the moment!


Next up, Peaches 'n Cream creamsicles with canned peaches for the summer :)



6 comments:

Susan said...

One of my favorite treats--peaches sounds even better. XOXO

meemsnyc said...

Awesome idea! I'll have to try this recipe. I have popsicle molds that I've never tried. I bet you can use yogurt too instead of heavy cream. Do you think?

Unknown said...

Mimi for sure you could use yogurt! That is my next thing to try with them :)

Camille said...

YUM! My girls will love these! Can't wait to try them!

Pam said...

I need to make these for my kids - they will love them!

Flat Creek Farm said...

yummy! I've been using the food process/blender more lately. It may be mid-winter.. but I still crave healthy frozen delights :) Thanks for sharing your delish creation! -Tammy