"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, April 13, 2012

Chicks - Day 4


The chicks are 4 days old - as of yesterday when I took these photos. 


I know everyone says they grow so fast - but geshhh. The grow so fast!
Look at their wing feathers already forming!


It is really for the better though. 
The sooner they get all their feathers, the sooner they can head to their coop and out of my spare bathroom!
I am not amused sharing 'my' bathroom with hubby now!


And then we have Ms. Blondie here...or as I am renaming her, Ms. SASSafras. 
Please turn out to be a Ms.!



***
This post linked up at Farm Photo Friday

8 comments:

Tom Stewart said...

I got my first Chicks three weeks ago and they are almost to big for the brooder now!
4 Brown Leg Horns and 2 Rhode Island Reds.
I was advised to try this old trick. Lay each Chick on its back in your hand, If the legs are held close to the body.....It's a Girl and if the legs are held straight out.....It's a Boy!
If this works, I have 1 Boy and 5 Girls!
Could I be so lucky?
Tom

Bee Girl said...

Oh yes...they are so incredibly cute and grow so incredibly fast! And, well, I hope Ms. SASSafras turns out to be a Ms. as well...I think we have at least one Mr. in our bunch this year...stinkin'! ;-)

Susan said...

Adorable! I'm envious of all the fresh eggs you may be getting:-D XOXO

Prairie Cat said...

Good luck with your little ones! Fresh eggs are the highlight of my mornings, now.

Anonymous said...

when ru going to hold one???? dad

Unknown said...

haha Dad! And AMEN for learning how to leave a comment :)

Judy said...

I just love baby chicks, you're going to love getting those eggs eventually.

Vanessa said...

They are adorable!