"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, April 16, 2012

Wild Trout on the Grill


Saturday morning hubby came home with this trout.


Beaming from ear to ear, yet still disappointed he only caught a few!


He had the locally caught trout around here before and hadn't really cared for it, but we decided to give it another try. I can't recall that I ever did. 

I made a simple marinade for eye, just eyeballing the measurements.

1/4 cup olive oil
Scant 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
Fresh Thyme from the herb garden
and a lemon, sliced


We let it marinade, then we wrapped the foil around it and hubby cooked it on the grill for about 15 minutes or so. I thought it was pretty good, though I wouldn't have mind it cooked a few minutes longer. Hubby, once again, didn't care much for it. Maybe it is just the garlic and lemon combo for me - gets me every time!

***

This post is linked up at Real Food 101, Freaky Friday and Pennywise Platter


4 comments:

suzanne said...

Hi there Allison

I love trout...We have to buy ours.. Lucky fortunate catch. Will have to try this recipe~

A happy day to you and the boy
Suzanne
X

Susan said...

My husband will love this! He did just try catfish while on a business trip and raved how good it was. I'll make this for him (even though I'm a vegetarian) because he's been such a great dad, provider, and hubby for almost 44 years! XOXO

Unknown said...

Haven't had trout in awhile! I almost forgot that I knew how to grill trout - so it looks like we will be trying this soon!

Jen said...

This looks great. I wonder if your hubs is like mine? Doesn't like the sour taste of lemon? I love it, especially on fish!. I am going to have to try it! Thanks for sharing.