"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, April 27, 2012

Spring Potluck on a Farm


I am just going to warn you now -- the title of this post is deceiving!
If you click through, thinking you'd be reading about a lovely dinner on the farm made with fresh Spring veggies, well.....you might want to click out now!

How soon I forget what Spring means to a farm cat!
And, to our Farm Manager, to be more specific!



This gal must have thought she was at an all you can eat buffet this week.
And don't get me wrong, I need the rodent control. I couldn't imagine if she didn't hold up that end of the job!

But, the other night, she had a nice 'display', shall we say, lined up along our sidewalk to the barn. I have never seen so many 'entree's' all at once. I decided she must have scheduled a Potluck for all the area strays, to commence at dusk. Clearly I wasn't on the invite.


And since baby bunnies are not on my list of things I wish to consume, that was a-ok with me!

***

This post linked at Farm Photo Friday



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty kitty. I love that last shot.

katiegirl said...

LOL! Too funny about her potluck.