"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, May 24, 2012

Breathing


Do you ever wish for Calgon to just take you away? Ok, cheesy I know. But - seriously.

Today starts my nice long weekend. I have the day off to take my son in for his doctor appointment and tomorrow, my sitter is off, so I decided to just take another vacation day and make it an extra long holiday weekend.

I NEED the break. Mentally. I did the math and I haven't take a true vacation day since 2010. Last year, all my vacation days were used up on maternity leave at the beginning of the year. And sorry, but maternity leave is NOT a vacation. And thus far in 2012, any vacation time took was while the babe was sick a month or two back. Not a vacation!

My brain feels like scrambled eggs. My house is a mess [what's new!]. My horses need groomed [like they care!]. My motivation is lacking - yep, it's time for a mental check-in.

So while I do everything under the sun today beside what I should be doing - sitting down with a glass of wine and doing nothing - check out my new guest blog post over at Bamboo Magazine ... the irony of it? I am talking about all the gardens we have planted this season :) Glutton for punishment much?


2 comments:

Camille said...

This is awesome, Allison! Can't wait to read more of your Bamboo posts! Hope you have a relaxing (well deserved!) holiday break!

Nancy said...

Yay you! I do hope you get some rest and have some fun this weekend. :)