"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


Mother's Day is pretty low-key around here - if you call tilling up 3 new gardens to add to our 2 established ones, 2 of which are about 10x30 for pumpkins and watermelon and squash, low key!

Ok, okay. So that is actually what hubby did today :)

Here is me and my little man today, for Mother's day. The photo below is it Mother's Day last year, 2011. My how is has grown! And thank goodness I look a little less pasty this time around

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

There are so many things no one can prepare you for once you have a child. And it is funny - now I find myself doing things - little, subtle things that I noticed my mom would do. And now I get it. 

So, cheers to my Mom and to all the other Mom's out there! 
Every day should be 'Mother's Day'!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy mothers day alli, your a great mom, love you mom

Susan said...

I agree with your Mom, you're a great mother and that little one is growing so big. Love, XOXO

Vanessa said...

I am so jealous of the space you have for your melons and squash. I would love to do watermelon, spaghetti squash and butternut squash but I just don't have space for everything I want.

Bee Girl said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!!!

Mary said...

Happy belated Mother's Day, Allison! I love the pictures.