"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Farm Mornings


Just in case you were wondering how weekday mornings flow on the farm....


They usually involve some kind of husband-self-induced chaos.
As in, he can't keep himself on a schedule if his life depended on it and even if he wakes up early, he finds something to cause him to be running late by the time he needs to be out the door and then he frantically tears through the house trying to find socks and his coffee.

Today he decided, at 6:45 am, that he needed to rescue an innocent baby bunny that the Farm Manager had freshly plucked from its nest. I assume this is a sibling of last weeks potluck party she had. (I am sorry, was that wrong?)


So he was the bunny's hero. He rescued it while the farm manager watched his every step. And he walked back out to an area we presume it came from.


And now you see why there is no hope. Whenever an animal needs rescued...whenever I call him about a horse I saw at an auction...if I brought it home, it stays 'home'. The man is in denial about his animal whispering skills. While most significant others are constantly harping 'No more animals', mine welcomes them. I am doomed! And he proceeded to tell me how cute that bunny was. I think he wanted to 'keep' it. *Sigh*


4 comments:

katiegirl said...

1. I can absolutely relate in the whole getting up early and then being late for work thing!!!

2. I think it's awesome he's so willing to bring home new animals. I'll admit, I'm a tad jealous because my DH is pretty against that (unless we can eat said animal). :-)

3. What a great guy he is for rescuing that little bun!

Tami said...

Love it! Mine has a weak spot for bugs of all things. He'll scoop them up and toss them out side.

Unknown said...

Awww I rhink its sweet that he is an animal lover, I am the one that wants to bring everything home, my hubby on the other hand wouldnt unless its food :)

Susan said...

You just wrote about my life...early mornings and loving nature <3