"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moving Day


It was moving day this past weekend for the chickens. 
Yep, time for them to fly the coop out.of.my.bathroom! YAHOO!


They seem to be adjusting quite well with all the extra open space they have to roam, run and peck!
And flap and squak and dirt bathe....


I couldn't resist, I picked them some fresh herbs and threw them into the coop for them. 
Later, when I was cleaning out old flower pots, I had clumps of dirt loaded with bugs.
I think the were in heaven!


And this is an 'heirloom' chicken feeder. It was Allen's grandpa's.
I think that is pretty neat!


I was having a tad difficult time taking pictures since I have a 14 month old glued to my hip.


And these metal walls - the ladies are fascinated with them. 
They peck at them, and peck and them, and....peck at them?





1 comment:

Susan said...

The ladies are growing so fast! And, what a gourmet feast of herbs & bugs...yum yum :-D