"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, May 7, 2012

Harvest Monday, May 7, 2012


Hooray!

I am back on the band wagon with Harvest Monday over at Daphne's Dandelions!


Though it isn't much yet, the past two weeks I have been harvesting bunches of lovely Spinach from a raised bed hubby planted in late winter!

My scale battery is dead, of course, so I haven't been able to weigh in my harvest thus far.

I have also been enjoying tons of fresh herbs from my herb garden. The dill is coming in nicely, and as of late, I have been using some of the orgeano, thyme, chives and sage! I plan to get a jump start on drying out my herbs this year too!

Be sure to hop on over to Daphne's Dandelions and check out other gardener's harvests for the week!

9 comments:

Liz said...

I still haven't planted any spinach yet and I really must get around to it - yours looks particularly good.

kitsapFG said...

Nice harvest of spinach. Our spring planted patch is just getting some decent growth on it. Very slow this year for some reason.

Mary said...

I haven't harvested much more than herbs so far, but I did have my very first squash harvest a few days ago! I was giddy! Have a great day, Allison!

Andrea said...

Dill would have to be one of my favorite herbs just love it with scrambled eggs.Great looking spinach mine is still a few weeks away.

Norma Chang said...

Nice healthy looking spinach. I allowed my dill to seed and now I have dill everywhere, love them but now it is too much of a good thing.

pooks said...

I followed from daphne's and this is my first time on your blog. I can't wait to dig in and read about your farm!

http://planetpooks.com/?p=4637

Mary Hysong said...

Nice to 'meet' you! Your spinach looks yummy; mines all gone in the heat already, replaced with amaranth and chard.

Bee Girl said...

Yay for spinach!!! I definitely didn't plant enough last fall and completely forgot to do a spring planting! Crazy! Enjoy it while you can! It's one of my favorites!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Craving for spinach now.
Ours only have a pair of true leaves growing at the moment.