"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 1

Today was the dreaded first day back to work after having my son. I have been home with him, with him 24 hours A DAY, for the past 6 weeks -- needless to say, today was hard.


Luckily, my mom watched him today and she will be able to watch him tomorrow as well. And Friday our office is closed so it will be a short & sweet work week for me! Next week we have to incorporate the sitter into the schedule for watching Allen.


I think today was a tad easier for me since I was leaving my son with my mom, but none the less, it wasn't without some heartache! It sure helped though that my mom sent me text message pictures throughout the day! Do you think the sitter will do that for me too - ha! ;)


Ruby & Madelyn haging out with their cousin - the new addition to Gran's Babysittin' Clan! Picture courtesy of 'The Gran Cam Cell Phone!'


And I am wondering, if most people know it is hard when you first start back to work and leave your child with someone, why does everyone insist on the first question they ask you to be something along the lines of "So, do you miss your baby...was it hard to leave your baby..."

Well OF COURSE it was hard and I miss him, thanks for reminding me!

2 comments:

meemsnyc said...

That's great that your mom can babysit this week. It must be hard to go back to work. Maybe the new sitter can also send you images during the day. That would be great! BTW, my seeds are on the way to you. I packaged everything you requested. Sorry for the delay, work has been hectic and I didn't have time to get to the post office.

Unknown said...

I can only imagine how tough that must have been! But it is nice you have your Mom to help out, it would be so difficult trusting someone other than family to watch your wee one.