"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, April 15, 2011

The Farm Manager

I am sure I have mentioned our Farm Manager before.


Her name is Savannah.


She basically owns the place, so it is only logical that she 'manage' it. When she chased the neighbors 180# Rottiweiler back into its own yard, she was hired on the spot!


Spring time is usually a very active time for her. She is usually always leaving us presents on the patio, in the barn aisle, on the sidewalk - everywhere.


Lately though, this Spring seems to be more of a vacation for her! She lounges all day...and night. And when Allen is in the orchard or doing yard work, she finds a sunny spot to sit and watch him. Yesterday the babe and I went for a walk in the orchard and she led us around like she was the tour guide - like it was my first time through!

Oh wait! What's that? Maybe she is ready to get back to work...maybe...hopefully....soon....


3 comments:

suzanne said...

Hello Allison

What a gorgeous cat. My big boy is slothing at the fire place right now. I sent through an email to you this morning. Let me know what you would like..

Happy day to you
Suzanne
X

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This is such a cute post! She looks so sweet peeking out like that. Really like your blog!!

meemsnyc said...

What a cutie. I can only imagine what "presents" she leaves you. :)