"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Farm Manager Sabatical


The Farm Manager, Savannah, is on a sabbatical.
Over the past week, we've noticed she seems a tad more lazy than usual. I chalked it up to the ungodly heat we've been having. I sure don't want to work in it, why would she?!

But hubby persisted and said when he held her, she cried and he felt a bump. Then, the next day, I noticed the said bump as she was licking it. We tried to get a closer look, which with Savannah, is easier said than done. Hubby thought it might be a tick. I disagreed, but I knew she needed to see the vet.


So off she went. And the verdict - an abscess. The cause of this abscess - a bite.
My guess, all the cat choirs I have been hearing in the middle of the night might have been where said bite was received. *sigh*


So, she is back on the farm now. After the vet drained her abscess and cleaned her all up.
And I must say, she seems rather happy [and comfy] to be back; resting on the blue prints [written on cardboard!] for the mini's pasture ;)


Get Well Soon Farm Manager! The mice are getting too comfy!

4 comments:

kitsapFG said...

Oh she is a darling... I hope the wound heals quickly now that it has been drained and cleaned.

Sherry said...

Wish Savannah a speedy recovery! I want read more feisty savannah-sodes!

Debi said...

We know our pets, don't we? Their like our children. We know when something isn't right with them. Hope sweet savannah is back at her post realy soon. Deb

Debbie @ Swampbilly Ranch said...

So glad she's on the mend.