"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Balance

I was recently interviewed for someone else's blog [more to come on that!] and one of the question asked was "How do you balance everything?"

That is a good question. Here is how I answered. "What is balance?"

I have always been a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person and I am ok with that! I take things in stride and as they come at me and sometimes I make decisions off the spin of my heel ;) Sometimes though, life catches up, wears you down and gives you days like today *sigh*.

My husband is correct; we have a routine and there isn't much more room for anything else! That's just the way it is. But sometimes even our routine causes stress. I don't factor in 'laundry' as part of the routine. So now, case in point, I have overflowing piles of dirty laundry waiting to be done and my husband is out of boxers to wear - lol. Sorry, TMI maybe ;) I don't factor in floor mopping and dusting and organizing.....can you see where I am going with this. So one day, you turn around, and all of the sudden you cannot breath because your to-do list has just gotten 10x longer than usual.

So here is hoping for a better day tomorrow.......after a long night of folding laundry!

No comments: