"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Night Cap

It's been a long day! And my, where does the time fly?

Tonight, I decided I was going to try a new recipe from the files of 'The Pioneer Woman'; this one, Dulce de Leche Coffee! To bad hubby went to bed. He is missing out, that is for sure!

Sit back, enjoy, savor, and maybe start your coffee pot after you read through.


Get a pot of coffee going :)

Patiently wait for it to brew

Then, grab your mug* and your Kaluha and pour it on in! You MUST enjoy this with Kaluha!!
*Disclaimer, I don't have fancy mugs like PW does in her post, so I chose my favorite mug to use instead ;)


Then, Pour your freshly brewed Coffee in with your Kaluha
[this is difficult to do with my left hand since I needed by right to snap the photo! How does PW do it!?]
WHOOPS!
Don't add Whinny....and don't mind her. I caught her pouting under the kitchen table while I was making my Night Cap. I think she was pouting, more so because Maggie the 7pound kitty was being mean to her, and not so much because I wasn't sharing my drink!
And please, don't mind the dust on my chair! Gesh, who thinks to dust THERE!

Moving on! Next, the 'Dulce de Leche'....or as most say, Caramel :)
PW used a 'brick' cut into pieces but my local store only had this. I am sure it taste just as good, all the same!

Pour that Sweet Goodness on in......
[My teeth hate me right now]

Give 'er a Whirl

Top that baby with some whipped cream & ENJOY!
[PW made 'homemade' whipped topping, but it's way past my bedtime AND I am now feeding myself coffee with Kaluha in it....so I wasn't interested in pulling out the mixer!]

5 comments:

missprettyperfect said...

Man, oh man, oh man. I enjoyed that. Thanks!

Amy said...

I love the Pioneer Woman! Seriously. Love. Her.

Must add this recipe on my list to try!

Unknown said...

Amy, I.LOVE.HER too! I received her cookbook as an Xmas gift and carry it around like the bible!! Have you tried her Drip Beef Sandwiches??? TO DIE FOR

Kathy~Sweet Bird Designs said...

mmmmmm! this looks good. And Whinny is a cutie too:)

Got It From My Mama said...

My mouth is watering!